Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Get Ready for St Patricks Day

Good morning my friends. Today I am excited to be the guest designer at Decorate to Celebrate. I love making Home Decor, Party Favors and Treats. St Patricks Day is special to me since it's my dads' birthday, 2 days after mine and we always made a big deal about it. My dad would wear green everything, tie, shirt, socks, pants...we would eat and drink green everything...it was always a fun day. I have lots of ideas for you that I created for this occasion.
 
Wreath #1
As I was looking at these nested heart baskets, I thought if I sprayed them green and attached 3 together, they would make a great base for a Shamrock! Yep! Hearts!! I added to this wonderful sparkly green shamrock wired garland and made 3 large loops and shaped them to look like hearts. This added bling, sparkle and dimension. I then tied some tulle in a lighter shade of green for the "Stem". The paper shamrocks are cut from Celebrate with Flourish in 4 shades of green. Once I layered them I ran them through the Cuttlebug using a paisley embossing folder. St Patricks Day is rainbows, shamrocks and gold so I added a bow of rainbow colored ribbons to break up the green and coordinate with my other decorations.
 

Large Door Wreath
 
Wreath #2
For my daughters wreath, I used a different idea. I made the pot of gold the focus in the middle of the shamrock and had the wider rainbow ribbon as an accent. Our grandson had a reading goal where he earned a pot of gold and it was a big deal.
 
Medium Door Wreath
Wreath #3
For my Moms Wreath (the sneak peek) I used the smaller of the 3 nested sizes. She wanted hers kind of plain. Not all the blingage and additions. So I just used this fabulous sheer ribbon with shamrocks on it 'cause I just had to! 2 colors of tulle and the shamrock garland. These go together really fast.

Small Door Wreath



The Leprechaun...
He was cut at Fit to Page from Paper Doll Dress Up which is 11 1/2". I grabbed scraps of green papers in solids and prints and added gold glitter to his pot of gold that is hanging from more of this narrow satin ribbon in rainbow colors. His mustache is from Billionaire and is cut at 1/2".

Leprechaun and Pot of Gold
 
 
The Treats...
I ordered these Twizzlers in awesome rainbow colors. I had been looking for them for a couple years and finally found some online through Soap.com. I cut them in half and put some chocolate coins in the bottom. I wanted them under a cloud with a Leprechaun. The same one as the large one but this is cut at 3 inches. I wanted to get more from each page since I had to make 20 of them. I am going to send them for our grandsons' class.
 
Treat bags

 
Lastly, I made a quick and cute plant stake. I cut the Leprechaun from Simply Charmed at 8" so I could use the 8 1/2 x 11 inch paper that was the perfect color. It goes together super easily. I just chalked all the pieces and used the heavy duty foam tape to attach it to the stick. It will look cute on my porch greeting visitors before they turn to the door and see the rest of the display! I may cover him in Mod Podge so he is weather proof since we have been having unusual rain lately even reaching the porch!

Plant Stake


I hope you like my projects. Please create a St Patricks Day Project and enter the challenge. You have until March 19th to enter. Thank you Amy for asking me to be a guest designer today. It was fun!!

These projects are entered in the folling challenges:
http://sandyscraftycreations.blogspot.com/2013/03/march-anthing-goes-with-twist-challenge.html

http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com/2013/03/dlart-thankful-thursday-march-linky.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:%20Dlart%20(DL.ART)


11 comments:

  1. LINDA!! My goodness!! You ARE the pot o' gold today!! WOWZERS -- Look at everything you created!! Okay, so EVERYTHING is really wonderful, but I have to tell you -- the rainbow twizzlers favor is DEFINITELY going to be scraplifted at our house!! I've been fortunate to find those twizzlers pretty easily, so I'm always picking a bag up for my kiddos, but I've never, not one time, thought to use them for their St. Patrick's Day treats (the horror!)-- especially combined with those little gold coins!! Well, no more!! I'm heading out to get some today... THANKS for the inspiration and AWESOME idea!! :)

    I know that you know that I was already in LOVE with the heart baskets turned wreaths, but I also want to tell you again -- that idea is just PERFECT!! I love how you changed each one to give it its own personality :) PDDU is still one of my favorite carts -- And I giggled out loud when I saw you added the Billionaire mustache!! You really outdid yourself, Linda, and we are LUCKY to have you as a Guest Designer for this fun challenge!! :) THANK YOU!!

    Thanks so much for sharing your inspiration at the Decorate To Celebrate! Challenge Blog!

    BIG HUGS,
    Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com
    and Decorate To Celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Amy! What a great way to start the day!!!! I am glad you loved everything and you'll have to share what you create!

      Delete
  2. Visiting from Decorate to Celebrate. You are definitely ready for St. Patrick's Day with wonderful decorations & goodies. Like the wreath makeovers, banner & treat containers.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  3. My, my...You've been very busy!! great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! Now you are certainly ready for the Luckiest Day of the Year! I LOVE THESE PROJECTS! I am thrilled you are a guest designer! YAY! You did an amazing job getting ready for St. Patty's Day and I have to say your treat bags are just too cute! I love the shamrocks! You knocked this out of the park!
    Crafty Hugs!
    Arin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh My Goodness Linda:) You totally rocked with all your fabulous projects! I LOVE LOVE the treat bag with the colorful licorice(thanks for the link) and OMG! love the wreath too! We loved having you as Guest Designer and we hope to have you back:) Have a fantastic day!!
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your projects, Linda! So cute and just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful, creative St. Patrick's Day projects! I love the idea of the wreath! Three hearts do make a shamrock! Decorated so lovely. And I love all your Leprechauns! So cute!! Thanks for sharing these with my challenge at Sandy's Crafty Creations!
    ~sandy
    visit my blog @ sandy's crafty creations

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are super cute ideas. Thanks for sharing. I may have to use a few of your ideas. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so "WOW" I love them all. great colors great design--so many projects
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes March Linky Party
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super projects! I love that bag of treat and that fun topper you made for it. Thanks for joining us at Craftin Desert Divas Linky Party. Hope to see you again.

    Tara

    ReplyDelete