Sunday, March 25, 2012

Happy Campers Stair Step Card

Hi there. We go camping every year. A whole bunch of family and friends and we still camp in tents.
Card Partially Closed

On this rainy Sunday afternoon, I thought I would be able to spend some time on a fun card with a camping theme.

The Peachy Keen Challenge was a card with pen stitching. Just like it sounds, you use your pen and make stitch marks. This type of embellishment really adds pizzaz to a die cut. The Paper Play Time challenge was for a Mans' Card.
Card Open


Now how can you can you enter a PK Challenge and not use some of their fabulous face stamps. Look closely at the little star on the moons hat. Yup a little tiny 3/8" face from the PK-450 Wide Eyed Kids Assortment.
Close Up of Moon and Star

I used Provo Craft Cricut Cartridge Campin' Critters for ALL the cuts. I varied my sizes from 2" to 4' and pop dotted in different thicknesses.
Close up of the car

Close up of Big Foot

Close up of the Owl

This is very hard to show, but Big Foot is on an Action Wobble! I love these. I only have a few from a sample but you can be sure I will be getting some more. They are easy to use and a fun addition to a card.
The Action Wobble

I added googly eyes to the moon, Big Foot and the Owls' 1 eye that showed.
All pen stitching is done in various colors of Flair pens by Pentel.
The cardstock is all Recollections.
The inking is Cats' Eye Chalk.
To start your stair step card, cut cardstock at 5 1/2" by 10 1/2"
Score at 1 1/4", 2 1/2", 4 1/4", 6", 8 1/4"
Card Fuly Closed

Let's see what kind of scene you can make.

35 comments:

  1. Linda --- this is just ADORABLE! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Thanks for taking the time to comment.

      Delete
  2. Holy cow!!! You win!!!! This is soooooo cute!!!! What a great job my friend...I love it! :)

    hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Love all the detail you added to this fantastic card. Thank you for posting your inspiring card at Peachy Keen's Challenge this week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! SO much. It was a fun way to spend a rainy day.

      Delete
  4. This is so much fun! I saw it @ PPT and just had to hop over and tell you! I am a new follower!

    marciasmemories.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow what a awesome card i hope you win

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy Moly that is FAN-TAS-TIC!
    The details in the scene are awesome! I also hope you win!
    Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all of your cards. So original and cute!

    Best of luck in the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, this is terrific! All of the layers in this card look fantastic, the images are all so cute and the stitching sets it off perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just a wonderful card - I love all the "layers" in the steps. Clever, fun, and wow!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is AMAZING!!! Can tell you put a LOT of work into it! I'm SOOO glad you joined us at Peachy Keen this week!!!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It is amazing what you can do indoors on a rainy day.

      Delete
  11. Oh my goodness this card has so much detail on it. I LOVE it!!! :) Thanks for playing in paper with us at Paper Playtime.

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So fun!!! Something I wanted to do for a long time.

      Delete
  12. What an involved card! I love how this turned out!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. DARLING! I can not imagine how long it took to put together but it looks TERRIFIC! Hugs- Glora

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just a lot of folding and unfolding to make sure nothing blocked each other.

      Delete
  14. Keep up with me!!! Are you kidding???? The next time I see you...you are going to have to totally teach me how to make a card like this!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a super cool card!! I LOVE all the cuts and the style!! Great Faux Stitching!!
    Thanks for Playing with us @ PKS!!
    TFS!! Take Care!!
    Jennie @ http://earthyscrap.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. HI there -- thanks so much for sharing at Craft Junkie Too last week -- I like it so much that I have it as part of my Friday Features on this week's linky party. :) I hope you can stop by, check it out and maybe grab the featured me button for your blog (if you'd like).
    http://www.craftjunkietoo.com/2012/04/good-friday-tgif-linky-party-52.html
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my goodness I LOVE this. It is amazing. big foot is adorable! Thanks for joining in the wobbling fun at Getting Cricky
    Heather
    Getting Cricky DTM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun. Having only a few Wobbles, I have used them sparingly but they are wonderful each time I have used them.

      Delete
  18. Wow this is really cute! Now I need to add that cartridge to my collection. You did such a great job, hope you won!

    ReplyDelete