Saturday, March 17, 2012

Rainbow Paint Chip Favors

Rain Rain It's Okay
Gave me time to craft and play!
Pink, Orange, Green, Purple and Blue gave way.
And shone when the weather was cloudy and grey.
Now how did I do this I hear you say...



I wanted to play with my new coffee cup die cut and sleeves and I wanted to work with paint chips. YUP! Paint chips! The rainbow of colors have been all over the craftbooks and magazines. AND THEY ARE FREE!!!! Jingers' bookmarks reminded me that I had a stash of these! I am surprised the Home Improvement Store hasn't put a wanted sign out for me!!  I love creating with free stuff!!





So I gathered glitter, twine, paper, ribbons,buttons and the paint chips to coordinate with some fun colors of mini anitbacterial soap and pencils I had accumulated.


I cut the writing off so that I could have a backdrop and matted it with white trying to get the same distance as the white between the colors on the paint chips. I also cut the sleeves for the cups from paintchips and ran them through the Cuttlebug using Dotted Swiss Embossing folder.
The "clay" pot and the daisy are from Cricut Cartridge Walk in my Garden. These are 3 dimensional as I used 3d pop dots ad put the antibacterial soap in the center so it stands up. The bookmark is in the back and has the pencil tied to it. The coffee cup is on the front of the bottle with a popsicle stick and the paper clay pot.

Again the coffee cup is from My Creative Time new release Coffee Break.

We are going to have rain all weekend so these brightly colored little favors will brighten my day. It was fun to see how many things I could get to coordinate!! Hope your day was sunny and bright, even if you had to create the rainbow yourself.

These will be fun to include in Secret Sister Swaps or on the desks of coworkers.

3 comments:

  1. WOW WOW WOW Linda, those are absolutely awesome. Love the colors. Your poem was so cute ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute and so creative. I love the idea of this for coworker gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG!So Creative!!!Love it!!
    New Follower.
    craftingwithcreativem.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete