Saturday, March 31, 2012

Peachy Keen 3D Candy Holder

I am pleased at the ease of this project. This goes back to Girl Scout Swaps of years gone by.
I am going to end up with a basket of paper carrots filled with jelly beans.

For this project it is important to use a heavy adhesive so it stays together. I like to use the Red Roll of Double Sided Tape when I need strength.

I used Peachy Keen PK575 Basic Paper Doll Faces and added a little pizzaz with acrylic Paint Daubers in Watermelon. The stamped face is with Forest Green Stazon with a White Pentel Sunburst Gel Pen for the eyes and cheeks.

The hair on Ms Carrot is green cellophane.  I tied Twine in orange and white and added a little orange button. The cellophane ended up looking like a little hairdo of a side ponytail...cute.

Before I tied it shut, I put some crinkled shredded paper inside the bottom part of the cone. Then I put the jellybeans in a baggie and tied it shut. White rick rack around the top gives it a little more stability.

This would be a fun little party favor.

14 comments:

  1. Cute!!! I was sooo gonna make something just like this LOL...great minds think alike! Guess I better start thinking of something else :) HUGS my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweetest carrot! Thanks for sharing your project at Peachy Keen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is the first of several and so happy and fun.

      Delete
  3. carrot fill with jelly beans i know some little bunny going to be happy

    ReplyDelete
  4. awe what a cute carrot !!! so sweet !Thanks for joining us at Peachy Keen this week !!!!

    www.scrappinwithmybug.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. sweet carrot, love the face and the filling ;) gl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took quite a bit of jelly beans!!! Thank you

      Delete
  6. This is darling! The rick rack at the top is a graet touch and that little PK face is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. super duper cute! Thanks so much for playing along with us at PeachyKeen!

    Nikki

    ReplyDelete