Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Princess Zelda Costume

Not to be outdone by her baby sister, my niece Lacey said Aunt Linda, I understand you are making costumes for people...do you think you can make me a Princess Zelda Costume? Another character I haven't heard of!! I googled it and said I think I can. Well, I started with a Victorian Royal gown pattern so I could get those split sleeves and flat panel front. Then hubby said that the panel in the front looks like a table runner! A Ha!! I went to the dollar store and bought 3 different colors of table runners and sewed them together to form the pointy panel. I made a vest out of purple satin with gold lame' sleeves and bodice. Since I had no measurements (I just saw her in the summer and she is tiny!!) I made the vest tie up the front so it could be as tight or loose as she wanted. Added jewels and large rhinestones and I think I captured this one too! What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. Woweeee!!! You are awesome my friend! I can't even begin to think about sewing...I wouldn't even know where to start...lol! You rock!!!

    ReplyDelete