Monday, October 22, 2012

Chic and Scary Halloween Banner





For my Halloween Banner I repurposed those fabulous 4"x4" coasters. I covered them with GCD Solutions Black Widows paper from the Spooked collection. I cut the paper in 4" squares and used a corner rounder on the corners. I then used the XL Label Die from MyCreativeTime and cut them out in a solid pumpkin colored textured cardstock from my stash. The letters are cut from Cricut.com Cartridge Chip Decor at 3 inches and the black characters are all cut from Cricut.com Chic and Scary by Teresa Collins. I added googlie eyes to every character and coordinated the banner by adding a cornered spider web to each tile. I tied white tulle for the ghostly illusion between the tiles. I also outlined the letters in blue stickles to give a little pop and have it break up the orange and black. I can leave it as is for inside decor or use Mod Podge on the whole thing and it would be ok outside.

HALLOWEEN AND CHRISTMAS have the same amount of letters so I will likely repurpose this again and make a Christmas banner on the back.

14 comments:

  1. How fantastic is this! And I love how you plan to use the back for Christmas. Thanks for joining us at FCCB this week!

    Janea
    Recollection Alley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Great job on the wall hanging! Each tile is a little work of art! Can't wait to see your Christmas wall hanging!
    Carolyn
    http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com
    cccscraproom@myemc.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous banner..so cool! Thanks for joining us atFCCB.
    Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job, so glad you joined us at FCCB this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Linda, Will you send me your email to recollectionalley@gmail.com?
    I would like to talk to you about FCCB!

    Thanks, Janea

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a Fantastic banner!So Cool!
    Thanks for joining us at MCC Challenge #1 - The gh'oul times!
    Migdalia
    MCC DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Linda,
    This is GREAT. Thank you so much for more inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous banner! Thank you so very much for joining our challenge at Exploring Cricut!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely love your banner Linda! Thanks for entering it at Exploring Cricut.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fabulous creation! I love banners, they are one of my favorite things to make. How brilliant to re-purpose it for Christmas, I never would have thought of that. Thanks for playing with us at Paper Playtime and Exploring Cricut:)

    michelle
    http://mumoftwoblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a fantastic banner! Thanks for joining us at Exploring Cricut:)

    Annette
    My Mind's Dust Bunnies

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this! Thanks so much for joining us at FCCB this week!

    ReplyDelete