Wednesday, February 6, 2013

LOVE BUG

Over at Peachy Keen there is the new February Release and they are having a party. Join in the fun! I am a bit backward today as I designed Challenge #2 first. Oh well!!! Lots going on with this simple card. The butterfly is cut from one of the original Cricut Cartridges: New Arrival at 5". That allowed me to use one of my original Peachy Keen stamp sets PK-742 Animal Faces n More. I blushed the little cheeks in rose and then went over it in blue so it met the monochrome assignment. I ran the wings through the Cuttlebug using Divine Swirls. The medallions behind the bug were cut using Nestabilities Scallopped Circle. The little heart for LOVE is My Creative Time Stitched Heart Layering Dies and the font for bug is My Creative Time Lowercase Fun Dies. The buttons on the bug body were from my stash. I accented the wings with Stickles. What a fun card! My inspiration for these colors was a nail polish ad in the new Family Circle Magazine!
 



No comments:

Post a Comment